11:53 am - April 29, 2015
Have you ever had a walk in the capital? Give it a try and the city will slowly reveal its secrets to you.
Here are few gems revealed in its own words. Perhaps they are worth a visit on your next visit to London?
- The Neasden Temple in North West London, the first and largest traditional Hindu Mandir outside India.
- Stroll the gardens of Down House in Bromley, home to Charles Darwin and where he wrote ‘On the ‘Origin of Species’.
- ZSL London Zoo, Regent’s Park, is the World’s oldest scientific Zoo.
- Shakespeare’s First Folio, the Magna Carta and Handel’s Messiah is at the British Library.
- Tower Bridge opens more than a 1,000 times per year.
- The Barbican is Europe’s largest arts and conference venue.
- O2 Arena is world’s most successful entertainment venue.
- Westfield London is considered to be Europe’s biggest inner-city shopping complex. Shopaholics, you’ll be spoiled with choice!
- The Alexandra Palace is the world’s first public broadcasts of HD television made by the BBC
- Natural History Museum in South Kensington has the world’s oldest insect. Which one? You’ll have to visit to see for yourself 😉